Been so busy I haven’t had time to play. I feel like I am missing out.
Originally posted on Extra Mustard - SI.com:
Grand Theft Auto 5 continues its run of pop culture dominance, as the Guinness World Records announced yesterday the game broken seven world records:
1. Best-selling action-adventure videogame in 24 hours
2. Best-selling videogame in 24 hours
3. Fastest entertainment property to gross $1 billion
4. Fastest videogame to gross $1 billion
5. Highest grossing videogame in 24 hours
6. Highest revenue generated by an entertainment product in 24 hours
7. Most viewed trailer for an action-adventure videogame
Number three is especially impressive, as GTA 5 sold 11.21 million units in its first 24 hours, generating revenue of $815.7 million, then reached $1 billion by day three. This beats the record of any video game or movie, including The Avengers and Avatar.
In a statement, Craig Glenday, the Editor-in-Chief of Guinness, said:
“GTA totally deserves to be recognized as an icon of modern British culture, and we’re thrilled to be…
View original 53 more words