Last night I baked a quiche for the first time and it turned out well. This ham, mushroom, spinach quiche was very delicious and I am going to share with you my recipe. It’s partially scratch because the pie crust is pre-made.
What you need:
- Marie Callendars deep pie crust
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon basil flakes
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms (any of your choice)
- 1 cup of chopped ham cubes
- 1/2 – 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of spinach
- Take the pie crust out of the freezer and leave it in room temperature for about 10 minutes. Afterward, take a fork and lightly punch small breathing holes at bottom and sides of pie dish. Place in the oven for 15 minutes at 425 degrees.
- While the pie crust is cooking, in a skillet, lightly heat up the mushroom and ham in olive oil. Remove from heat and let it cool down separately.
- Also, whisk the eggs, cream, basil and oregano together.
- After the crust is done, take it out and let it cool for about 10 minutes. Afterwards, evenly place the mushroom, ham and spinach throughout the bottom of the crust. Then cover it with cheese.
- When the entire contents are distributed throughout the crust, top it off with cheese. Then slowly pour in the egg mix until it is near filled up to the top.
- Return it to the oven at 425 degrees for about 40-45 minutes. (If the crust/egg is browning too quickly, place a piece of foil over it.
- Take out the quiche and serve. (You can test if the quiche is ready by poking a toothpick through the middle and see if egg residue is left behind.
There. I hope these instructions make sense. Enjoy!!!