Happy Thanksgiving! Yeah yeah, it’s a holiday so I’m happy.
Yes, we should be thankful all the time, not just on day. Yes, the pilgrims were very unforgiving to the natives, etc. But still, it’s a good time to look back and just be thankful for a bunch of things.
Here’s a short, condensed list because I am a little too lazy to go through everything. But here are the important things that are on my mind right now.
– Major thanks to God for saving me, giving me hope. It’s something that I am trying real hard not to take for granted. So many times I have been down and just knowing God will be there for me saves me from going crazy. My life is worthless with God being there for me and everyone else. Thank God!
– Thanks to my parents for giving me everything I need. I don’t know if I show enough appreciation to them and many times they give me a tough time. But they have been there for me always. They give me a place to live, a car to drive and a lot of other things that keep me alive. I need them in my life more than ever now.
– My family. The support I receive from them has always kept me positive. And when everything goes wrong, they’re always there for me no matter what.
– My friends continue to just to help me get along in life. Great memories, great support and more importantly, a love that cannot be duplicated. Growing up as an only child makes me value my friends a lot more. I hold onto these relationships because it’s the only thing I had as a kid and I still need now.
– Thankful for my job. Being a sports writer has been my dream and being right in the heart of it all so early into my life is a true blessing. It’s so fun.
– Thankful for everything else. I think that no matter how many heartaches, bad breaks or anything bad that happens, it develops us into better people. I am thankful for everything. Everything is important. I need everything.
Be safe everyone. Time for me to get some grub on and food coma later!
Filed under Holiday, Random